Good day, All,
Following the 3 pm announcement by the Emergency Measure Organization (EMO) regarding island-wide closures, be advised of the following:
The Corporation of St George offices will
Close: at 12 noon on Wednesday, Sept 18.
The Offices will open depending on the damage and clean up.
-------- EMO UPDATE at 2:30 pm, Sept 18 ----
Hurricane Humberto is a category 3 hurricane and forecast to maintain that status from now until the hurricane has passed Bermuda.
Following my [Minister of National Security] meeting with the Emergency Measures Organization today, the public is advised of the following.
• Storm force winds are expected to pick up and we now advise the public to be off the roads by 5pm today.
• All public schools will close at 12pm today
• The last ferry will leave Hamilton at 12pm today
• All buses will be off the roads at 4pm with the last bus leaving Hamilton at 3pm
• All government offices will close today at 12 noon today and will reopen on Thursday.
• Elective surgeries the King Edward Memorial Hospital ended at 12 noon today
• Outpatient clinics will be closed on Thursday
• All trash collection ended as of noon today and will not recommence until Friday.
• Tynes Bay Waste Treatment Facility will close as of 4pm today.
• All Bermuda public Beaches will close at of 2pm today
• The Causeway will close as of 6pm today.
• The Royal Bermuda Regiment has been embodied.
• King Edward Memorial Hospital will initiate their Hospital Incident Command Centre as of 3pm with ambulances being located all around the island.
• Lamb Foggo Urgent Care Centre in St. Davids will be open at 4pm today.
• Belco will have members of staff also position in east, west and central parishes.
• Cedarbridge Academy will be open as the storm shelter for those in need from 4pm today.
• The Hamilton docks are closed
• The emergency broadcast facility at 100.1fm will go live as of 6pm today
• Police ComOps will be in operation with representatives from:
- Bermuda Fire and Rescue Services;
- Royal Bermuda Regiment;
- Works & Engineering;
- Belco; and
- Parks Dept.
• The public is strongly advised to stay off the roads until the all-clear is given by the EMO Thursday.
• Airport evening flights have been cancelled
- BA from London
- AA from Miami
- AA from new York
- Jet blue from New York
I also remind the public that they can easily stay informed about the latest information and updates on Hurricane Humberto by downloading and installing the Bermuda Government Tree Frog app, available for free from the Apple and Google Play store.
-------- EMO UPDATE 1 pm, Sept 18 ----
-------- Key Information at 5 pm, Sept 17 ----
Key Information from EMO regarding Hurricane Humberto. This information is for Wednesday, September 18
Everybody should be off the roads by 7pm.
All public schools will close at 12pm
The last ferry will leave Hamilton at 12pm
All buses will be off the roads at 5pm with the last bus leaving at 4pm
All government offices will close at 12noon and reopen as per
normal on Thursday.
Wednesday’s trash collection will take place on Wednesday morning. All trash should be on the curb side by 7am. No trash will be collected after noon or on Thursday.
Access to the causeway will be restricted to emergency vehicles only as of 7pm.
(Update: Causeway closes at 6 PM (EMO Sept 18, 1 pm advisory) - The public is strongly advised not to use the Causeway after this time.
The Bermuda regiment will be embodied.
King Edward will initiate their Hospital Incident Command tomorrow evening with increased staffing levels.
Ambulances will be strategically assigned around the island.
Belco will have members of staff also position in east, west and central parishes.
Cedarbridge Academy will be open as the storm shelter for those who need from 5pm
The emergency broadcast channel will be live as of 7pm and will provide updates throughout the night.
The public is strongly advised to avoid the roads until given the all-clear by the EMO.
No Lifeguards as of 2pm Wednesday and the beaches will close at 6pm.
There will be no outpatient clinics tomorrow.
The next emo meeting will be tomorrow at 10am.